forever lost in the deep blue

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Swinging pendulum

Swing...Swing...Swing...

Life is pretty much like a swinging pendulum. It swings from the height of happiness to the depth of despair so easily that I wonder how the human mind takes it. It becomes so predictable that we even began to impatiently expect the despair.
We wait for it with as much glee as a special package from that great aunt who only remembers us on Deepavalis ...
We then proceed into carefully opening the package with so much care and patience, you'd never think that it's actually the Pandora's box of Despair and not really Lakshmi Aunty's dodol parcel ;o)

What I want to know is why do we spend so much time exploring our sadness, and so little time appreciating the happiness that we feel?
Truly, we are far more often happy than sad, yet the happiness is described as fleeting and despair is felt forever...

Anything could simply set us off into the self-deprecating mood, we actually like to wallow in self-pity, don't we?

Funny though...Most of the time we're better off compared to millions world-wide...


Winter is truly here. There's no escaping it anymore. And we certainly shall see far more SAD cases than during autumn.
I don't really know how other countries deal with the snow, but over here in Riga they have a very dedicated bunch of citizens, mainly very poor and or old ones, whom during winter will shovel the snow off the roads, and at other times just keep them extremely clean.
Despite the poverty and the grime, Rigan streets have always been rather pristine. Something which used to amaze me in the first few years...
Only they forgot to shovel the snow from the roads leading to the Hospital, and it took me 20 minutes to navigate my way on frozen snow, I mean sleety pavements, instead of just 10 mins.

I'm sick of snow and minus temperatures, I wanna go home!!!!!!!!!
Apparently we're going to get a white xmas in London this year too. However this news being from my sister, who is sadistic enough to wish a white xmas every year , it cannot be trusted.

Russel Peters insults the audience at every turn in the name of entertainment yet, they just laugh inanely and take it sitting down. Heck they even paid to get insulted. Hilarious!!
Mind you, some of that guys lines are funny....But certainly not all.

need to sleep....but can't ...so pathetic...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

quote du jour

"Sleep is like the unicorn - it is rumored to exist, but I doubt I will see any"

~annon~


PS: if you know by whom , let me know...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:57 am, Blogger Jasche said…

    hi,

    thanks for your comments on my blog.. ('jasche') and believe me every word on that is true...

    I could find no other way to reach you....
    and I still find it a little too much to take in your blog.. I mean Europe and the language.. but it is interesting though.... i'd follow it up..

    lv
    jasche

     

Post a Comment

<< Home